Dr. Andrew S. Michas
Caring for others is both an honor and a privilege. I am ever mindful of the special relationship between doctor and patient. I seek always to nurture and guard its trust.
I get immense joy and satisfaction by caring for others. I love what I do, and I approach my chosen field with passion and enthusiasm that I hope is contagious.
Women’s healthcare is an exciting endeavor that is quickly expanding. New discoveries are improving both quantity and quality of a woman’s life on a daily basis.
I desire to be your advocate and professional guide into the ever-changing world of medicine. I am especially equipped and skilled for this task. I have undergone rigorous training in one of the busiest hospitals in Florida specializing in high-risk obstetrics. I am skilled in the latest gynecological technologies, offering a wide array of therapeutic options. My areas of special interest include laparoscopy, urogynecology, and pelvic reconstruction. OB/GYNs are uniquely suited to care for both the general and specialized needs of women.
My purpose is to be your skilled partner and advocate in healthcare decisions.
My hope is always to make your life better, safely adding loved ones to your life, curing disease when necessary, and maintaining your health over a lifetime.
- Born in Ft. Walton Beach, FL
- Florida State University, bachelor of arts in humanities/biology/chemistry, graduated cum laude
- University of Florida College of Medicine, MD
- Residency training in obstetrics and gynecology at Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children and Women in Orlando, Florida, completed in 2000
- Relocated to Albany in July 2000 from Orlando
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Member of the American Medical Association
- Married to wife, Frances
- Children: Alexandria and Michael
- Hobbies: Scuba diving, gardening, fishing, and reading